Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chemo 2

ON MONDAY I had my 2nd chemo treatment. All in all, it was a similar experience to the one I had  3 weeks ago. I had to "book" into the hospital, fill in some paperwork, go for blood tests, chat to the oncologist, and then finally, start the 3 hour treatment.

Unfortunately my oncologist was away and I had to "report back" to her partner, an older woman, very highly regarded in the "breast disease world". I actually had some specific questions  that I wanted to blog about but I will follow these up with my next round. 

As my 1st chemo was actually pretty "good" compared to some peoples' experiences (I didn't get very sick and was just extremely tired), I am happy to report that my 2nd treatment was even "better". I tried to "hold onto" the positive attitude from my 1st round. I did have my doubts though because often the 2nd one is different/worse than the 1st one. A friend that I met in hospital (we both had a lumpectomy) had a slightly "worse" 2nd chemo. But she is ok now.

I am back at work today. Physically I could have come in yesterday. However, mentally I needed one more day...

No comments:

Post a Comment