Friday, October 1, 2010

It's all off!

I FINALLY HAD TO shave off my hair. It started falling out more and more in the last 2 weeks and I was dreading the "patchy" look. I went to my friend who is a hair stylist and it didn't take her too long. Afterwards, we all had a glass of bubbly to "celebrate" – a great decision as it took off the edge during this rather sobering experience! 

Now I must admit, It looks odd, even for me, who has almost always had very short hair. I think it will take a while to get used to. I do like the feeling of "baldness", just not the look. My friend I met in hospital had to go through this a week or so before me. She said she was really teary and upset. For her, it was the first physical sign of this disease. So true...

I now find myself "shopping" for hats,  headgear and coverings. It's rather exciting. I still do not feel very comfortable being out in public or even at work. But I guess this will get better with time. Yesterday was not a great day, but today is better. Tomorrow is market day, and I  am slightly nervous to face the crowds, it will be a real test!

No comments:

Post a Comment